EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Drafting or 2 years’ experience in drafting preferred
- Hands-on experience assembling and troubleshooting assembly equipment and fixtures
- Proficient with Solid Works and AutoCAD
- Basic understanding of creating engineering drawings and specifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as editing drawings in AutoCAD and Solid Works
- Communicate in at least High School level English (Read, Write, Speak)
- Understand scientific units and measures as well as perform basic mathematical calculations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, fixtures, and controls using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) software.
- Collect initial drawings, calculations and design ideas from engineers, and combine all relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification
- Coordinate with engineers and project managers to understand project requirements, verify design details and recommend modifications as needed according to company standards and best practices
- Communicate with manufacturing personnel to create detailed layouts prior to production, and assist in designing, creating and testing production equipment and fixtures.
- Provide support to engineering team as needed by creating technical drawings and digital models within deadlines and utilizing multiple methods to ensure deliverables include all relevant design details
- Assist engineers with engineering release of drawings.
- Help Engineering and Product Development Lab as needed
- Complete other related tasks as assigned by engineers